View Single Post
Old 04.17.2010, 03:38 PM   #27
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm...Limp Bizkit.

Wes Borland is easily the most likeable member of the band...too bad his near-ADD has put the brakes on so many more worthy projects (Black Light Burns comes easiest to mind). His guitar playing is fairly simple, but he has a better understanding of texture than many other nu metal guitarists.

DJ Lethal was in House of Pain before Limp Bizkit, so he gets points from that.

Fred Durst...for as much of douchebag that he is, really deserves a lot of credit in making the band popular. Because for all his angry-jockness, he also has that "let's party y'all putcha hands in tha air like ya jus' don't care" vibe that appeals to a lot of people.

The bass player and drummer I don't know the names of, but I can agree with atsonicpark that some of their songs have awesome grooves.

So, it doesn't quite add up, but it works. Remember, you can't spell "dysfunctional" without "functional".

@ pbradley: I think now that the NWOAHM and metalcore have pretty much supplanted nu metal, we can now step back and look at the style more objectively. Love it or hate it, it cannot be denied that the style and its overall vibe wasn't seen before and hasn't really been seen since. I mean, throwing together Pantera, NWA, Mr. Bungle, the Cure, My Bloody Valentine, Helmet, and Public Enemy, and then throwing on body paint or track gear? It should sound like a mess, but some bands did find a way to make it work.