View Single Post
Old 03.05.2016, 12:24 PM   #1007
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Diplomatic Immunity is one of the best rap albums of the past decade, in my opinion. Cam'ron and Juelz Santana at the top of their game over classic soul beats by Heatmakerz, Kanye and Just Blaze. A double disc without filler? Now that's crazy!

Yeah, I can hear Kanye's production. I just know it when I hear it at this point, even if I didn't know he was involved (which I didn't, not with this album).

But doesn't it sound Wu-tangy to you? Not exactly like an imitation, because I can't deny that it's high quality all around (except for those little breaks and skit segments... I never like skits. Just me, maybe), but I definitely hear a Wu vibe on the record. It's not as blatant as the first couple Jedi Mind Tricks records, which were just plain imitations even though I enjoy them, but the influence of Rza's post-36 chambers production is very clear to me.

Anyway I'm really liking it. Like, a lot. I might have to just chill with this album for a while before moving on to the next one, that's how much I'm digging it. I listened to the whole thing on the same day that new albums from Kendrick and Big Ups and Bas dropped, so that should tell you something
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|