Thread: Vivian Girls
View Single Post
Old 12.02.2010, 10:45 PM   #273
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Perfectly fine band I think. Them and Dum Dum Girls both. Though they're enough to have in terms of these kinds of bands. They don't pretend to be anything amazing, or claim to be. They just write really fun simple tunes. Like that one part in Vivian Girls' Second Date, that's just three notes, love it.

Though I do think both bands come up with some really exciting vocal melodies.

I just started listening to the second Vivian Girls album yesterday. At first I didn't think it was as good as the first one, but it's slowly creeping to par now I think. Can't wait for the new one.

Hey ni'k, what do you think of a band like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7pDNDuoJ0

Obviously they were trying to be good and ended up being really awful. But imagine briefly that they were deliberately mutilating Pink Floyd. Good step toward shaking off and swearing off the past and moving on? Or just stupid maybe? I dunno, I think I'd be intrigued by a band that deliberately did really awful covers of famous tunes. The idea can't be too new, but I can't think of any obvious examples. I just enjoy the idea of destroyed versions of these really elevated to godhood tracks.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|