View Single Post
Old 01.24.2009, 08:04 PM   #51
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I now have my grubby hands on a copy... and what a beautiful monster it is. This tome is packed full of information and visuals... and is well worth the money in my opinion. I have always been fascinated/inspired/intrigued by SY's use of the visual image and this book is a total wet dream for someone who has been following their every move since the early 80's. There are also decent length interviews with each member of the band which I can't wait to devour over the next few days.
Steve's 7" side is an excerpt from a sweet Sonic jam (Recorded by Cody Ranaldo), Thurston's side is pure squall and scree, Kim's side is the vocal from the Reverse Karaoke installation, and Lee's side is a stripped down demo of Rats, which is very different from the Rather Ripped incarnation and at this point I think I prefer it.

All I need to do now is see the exhibition!.

Go forth Sonic buddies and spend, SPEND.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|