View Single Post
Old 10.06.2010, 12:17 PM   #21
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
I think he's a bit of an old twat, but there is some validity there. The whole SY-becomes-middling-indie-rock in the 90s thing, hanging around with Pavement, palling with Chloe Sevigny probably would have struck me as a little odd, too. But I think he's being too binaristic. I understand as a professional he doesn't make it his job to assess if a band he records is good to him or not since he's only interested in getting their desired sound, but for fuck sakes, you've produced Bush and Scott Weiland! You moan about this rather outdated underground/mainstream binary that is dying post-internet and you produce crap like that? Blech.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|