View Single Post
Old 06.16.2006, 11:47 PM   #25
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt74
Dan, okay i'm fucking old and this link really hits me in a tender spot. what can i listen to or for fuck sake what website can i peruse that makes me seem truly hip...not pitchfork hip but come, on "24 year old the world is my oyster" fucking hip. growing old is weird dan, and i'm trying to just stay in tune, because the YOUTH of the world really are in tune to what is worthy...love me, teach me. really, what can i listen to that doesn't make me SEEM like a pitchfork jerkoff WEIRDO?? love, mattt
"Hip" is relative to who you're being judged by. If you're at a Sonic Youth concert, chances are Sufjan isn't hip. But in general, way more people my age like him than SY. Worrying about being hip just makes you put down CDs you'd really like. Don't pass him up if you like him, it ruins the point of music. I listen to plenty of conflicting bands that would be shunned by eachother's fans. It's all good. I'm positive that I'm more content rolling my eyes at their definition of hip than they are trying to make me feel musically incompetent. I like my music, and that's what I go by.

And I kind of feel the same way about how people act at a concert. People go to have fun. It's not my place to dictate how they should act just because I don't like it. You wanna stand there like you're about to fall asleep, do it. You wanna stage dive, do it. (Just don't expect me to catch you.) Whatever you feel from the music. That's what it's about.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|