View Single Post
Old 11.09.2016, 10:16 AM   #1647
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Even if Hilary had won that would just mean a continuation of a failing status quo and in 4 years time another authoritarian biggot would be elected to office, and if the trends in public anger and GOP candidates is anything to go by (Bush<Palin<Trump) it would be worse. Trump can not and will not deliver on what he has promised and I think this has to happen before things genuinely improve. It's just sad that it is going to have such a destructive impact on so many people's lives. The only thing that scares me is whether the people going to be let down by Trump will move to even further extremes.

Anyway, Elizabeth Warren for first female President?

right, hillary would have been a president without a congress, totally unable to move any legislation forward, so it would have been a failed presidency & out in 4 years, i think.

don't know about warren. i like her a lot but we'll have to wait and see. the democrats lost this election by dismissing white working class concerns and just preaching to the choir, and the choir didn't sing... warren could have spoken to people beyond the choir but we'll never know now. well, maybe in 4 years.

i think the political landscape is going to change radically now. can't say what trump will or won't deliver on, but he's got both houses of congress, he'll install a supreme court judge (if not more), he's got a majority of state legislatures... he's gonna grab her by the pussy she's gonna let her do it because he's a billionaire. or something.

clearly democrats cannot stand on a coalition of educated whites and minorities, and can't keep waiting for demographics to change. they will have to refocus on the working class but this time there's no threat of communism to counter like there was in the depression, so... it's pretty difficult to calculate what needs to be done and how etc.

bernie sanders had more or less the right idea but in typical liberal egghead fashion he spoke in long complex sentences about big theories from foreign countries that the yahoos just can't follow. so he had the millenials and the college liberals, hillary had the simples and the pragmatists in the primary.

i found the same problem with hillary on the national scale-- as i was listening to her michigan speech, she found herself tripping on her own sentence construction. i cant' recall exactly but it was something like "by that for which it..." something. bunch of dependent clauses and mixed up pronouns. if a lawyer can't follow her own speech, imagine what the functional illiterates hear. probably just the sound of her voice.

anyway, game over, reboot/respawn.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|