View Single Post
Old 03.05.2016, 07:11 PM   #19156
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Sayin'......

Ant Man was good because it was not about aliens or world cataclysms or the "Hero's Journey" that we have seen so much in comic book flicks. It was FUN, like reading a good comic book!

Guardians of the Galaxy was good, but I am not invetsed in those characters. that comic came out when I was 35 yrs old and no longer reading monthly Marvel output.

I grew up reading the Hulk and there is so much they could do in a film with that character.....

The Guardians of the Galaxy first appeared in 1968 or 69, I think. The franchise was something of a cult classic, and had spanned multiple universes, time periods, and other Marvel characters' storylines, long before the 2008 reboot that the film was based mostly based on.

Because the Guardians are, somewhat by design, in a perpetual state of flux, bevause of alterations to the past or future, I think of the 2008 version as a continuation of the original. Kind of like how Neil Gaiman resurrected the Eternals for that stellar run in the mid '00s.

Anyway I take your meaning though. It's hard to get into brand new characters when you're an adult. It's almost pointless. For me, Superman is etched into my soul like Catholic guilt, and Batman is singed into my psyche like a trauma. It would be very hard, and it would take a lot of time, for me to form connections like that to new comic book characters. Especially since I'm so goddamn old and cranky now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|