View Single Post
Old 12.27.2008, 03:40 PM   #98
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I mean, this comes down to a certain ethic that you should apply to underground music, which is something discussed on this forum in various forms. If the leaks concerned mainstream bands that have other means of making money, I wouldn't give a shit. If the same attitude you apply to more obscure and 'difficult' bands, though, you just contribute to putting them out of business, or indeed making their existence more difficult.
That's completely true. That's why I specifically looked up the band's stance on it.

I guess I feel that leaking albums is wrong (with the exception of bands that are okay with it, though that's usually not possible to find out), but not necessarily downloading them. If you stick to your own ethic of buying them anyway, there's no harm in downloading. It's a personal responsibility.

But I do see your point. The attitude propelling it is damaging to struggling bands.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|