View Single Post
Old 01.04.2008, 01:02 AM   #51
koolthing78
bad moon rising

koolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Youth
Nah just a shit load of pot.

YESSSSSS!

No, seriously, this was the first SY album that came out after I became obsessed with them. I've always thought it was great, but "shitloads of pot" have given me a whole new appreciation for it. You seriously cannot pop it in sober and sit there typing your responses to each song and expect to experience it in its full glory. While personal experience is impossible to measure objectively, I can't believe the luke-warm response to "Saucer-Like," "Little Trouble Girl" and most of all the title track. I have to admit, I used to be iffy on that song, but if you listen to it in the right place in the right state of mind, you will realize its brilliance--Kim's delivery and all. The whole point of that song is to show this awkward, off-putting, cyclical pattern (even the music sounds cyclical--round and round like a washing machine!) of loser boyfriends who you do nice stuff for (like buying a soda pop) just because they're sweet or cute or whatever. Then how she has this epiphany about how she needs to invest in herself (put a quarter in the washing machine her heart has become), with the music changing to etherially match this moment of transcendant clarity. Anyway, I can't begin to describe the brilliance of it all, but it all makes sense, and I can't believe I ever thought it was just "okay."
Either I don't understand the point of "repping," or I do and it really is pointless. Fortunately I'm colorblind, so it wouldn't make sense to concern myself with being concerned about it in the first place.

www.myspace.com/koolthing78
koolthing78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|