View Single Post
Old 03.15.2010, 08:20 PM   #19
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
I'm necrophiling this thread, because I'm deep into the 'Night Through' collection that sonicl mentioned, for the first time in a while, and god it is so fucking beautiful. He's not talked about nearly enough here.

Deserves the title of the most harrowingly mournful music I own, but in a way that is ultimately just not at all whiny, but rather just so moving and exiting and fundamentally HUMAN. Pure deconstructed emotion flowing out of the guitar, in ways that never cease to surprise me in its originality and scope. He plays guitar the way Miles Davis played trumpet at his best, and that is to me pretty much the greatest compliment I can give a musician.

I really need more of his stuff than I have now. Any especial recommendations people?

i completely agree w/ yr assessment. i've been a big fan ever since Road Cone started putting out some stuff in the early 90s.

i can wholeheartedly recommend these:

hells kitchen park
crucible
9th avenue

they are utterly beautiful and heart rending.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|