View Single Post
Old 05.06.2010, 05:32 AM   #41
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
the recession was predicted by many people, only they mostly estimated it would happen few years earlier eg. michael ruppert, dave harvey, all those protestors who got beaten up outside the new york stock exchange in 04.

i think what people need to understand, is that labour didn't just do the same as the tories would have despite being seen as centre left, they were able to do these things precisely because of their perception as being centre left. could the tories really have gotten away with all the shit labour has? no chance. the scandals and crimes of the new labour years would have sunk a right wing party after 1 election, no way they would have continued on to win 3.

it's like obama, a rebranded president who is able to carry on some of the worst of bushes foreign and security policies. bush couldn't have gotten away with that shit.

people should realise that a centre left party or candidate that might give us some moderate gains on social issues like gay rights etc. is always going to be used by the establishment to push far right goals.

i'll be very glad to see the end of new labour, obviously very angry about the evil the tories are about to unleash.

however, a few things give me hope. i would be very surprised if the tories can hold onto power for more than one term. come the spending cuts they are going to go back to unelectable again. there is going to be a vicious hatred for this government, all new labours fuck ups still stand. they'll do their best to reverse any of labours modest achievements, like nhs waiting times. the massive round of cuts and job losses is going to push a large part of the nation further down into poverty and crisis. sometime in the next 50 days the cuts will have to surface. be prepared.

this will have both positive and negative affects: radicalisation - increased community awareness and interaction, a boost for the left
OR
the denial, forced ignorance, macho hedonism and nihlistic bravado that are the hallmarks of concioussness in liberal capitalist democracies now. gains for the far right and poverty and degradation destroying peoples health and sanity further. an increase in negative solidarity and an even stronger forced apoliticality.

i'm sure we'll see a bit of both. we don't have the same radical awareness and history as the greeks but the same state of affairs is coming to our shores. now would be a great time to read http://tarnac9.wordpress.com/texts/t...-insurrection/

after the results are in i'll have a blog post up getting into all this in more depth.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|