View Single Post
Old 03.25.2009, 01:38 AM   #158
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
John Agnello:

Lotsa Catching Up To Do
March 24th, 2009http://www.johnagnello.com/phpThumb/...t-6.jpeg&w=300Where does the day go?
Hello everyone, it's been a month or so since I've updated the site. Things have been rather topsy turvy in the land of Agnello. Work has been super busy and we're doing major renovations to our house. Bella is getting huge and Sharon is working her butt off.

Where to start.........

Well, middle February found me finishing the Dinosaur Jr. record. What a great record! Lotsa classic J shredding and he's a the top of his writing and singing game. I have many favs on this record and can't wait for it to come out. I have also seen the cover and it's a really cool picture.

Pitchfork did a little video of us in the studio. It came out pretty cool and J and the band whipped out a version of Tarpit for the them.
Here's the site and just search Dinosaur Jr.
http://pitchfork.com/tv/

The record is coming out on Jagaguwar Records and Darius and Chris are great guys.

In the end of February, me and J spent the day at Sterling Sound having the record mastered by the master of all mastering engineers, Greg Calbi. He pretty much nailed it and we walked away 99% done.

The next 10 days found me taking an Atlanta to Greensboro to Jersey City weekend roadtrip to pick up a Baldwin Fun Machine (thanks Janet!) and a bunch of stuff that Sharon's aunt left us.

And the weekend after that I bonded with baby Bella while Sharon partied with her sister/lovers in Miami! We all had a wonderful weekend and Bella was a freakin' angel for me.

So the beginning of March brings a new project and a one off. The one off was a single re mix for my new favorite band, Grizzly Bear. Wow! I worked on the song, "Two Weeks" from their upcoming record and it is wonderful. Ed's got a great voice and he sings really wonderful. And the entire band sings back up that give me Beach Boy chills. It was a great day and Chris from the band hung out and we have a pizza party!

The day after that session. I began doing pre production on my current record. The artist is Jemina Pearl. She was previously the singer in the band, "Be Your Own Pet". She is delightful and her voice is so powerful, it could knock you over. Together with John Easterly, her drummer/collaborator they have put together a records worth of material that will knock your socks off.

We spent about ten days tweaking the arrangements and we are walking into the studio on Wednesday to start the record. And it will be a blast. From the demo's we did, I can tell you this will be a record that will rock, rage and pop from top to bottom.

They are wonderful to work with already and give me much hope for the next generation of music.

More news on this record as we go.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|