View Single Post
Old 05.25.2010, 02:33 AM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i watched it recently at the recommendation of atsonicpark & others, and it was alright though it didn't blow my mind-- maybe because i've seen these subjects before-- if i had watched it as a kid however i would have shat my brains, probably, like when i saw zardoz on tv-- blew my mind, wouldn't today. anyway, i liked how each pilot is some kind of traumatized kid with a shitload of issues. the german girl's personality reminded me a bit of satancankerous, ha ha ha. but i digress.

what i liked the most was the stuff around the series-- the fact that hideki anno wrote this while he was struggling with his own serious depression, and how this whole show is a huge metaphor for digging himself out of the hole, how all this battles are really going on inside his head.

this whole thing could have moved up a lot faster if some animes didn't have this horrible practice of eating 2/3 of the episode showing you what happened before, and then what's happening next, living you a little bit of action only in th emiddle. jeezus. inuyasha is the worst offender of this kind i think-- there might be others.

but anyway, good story, interesting characters, good delving into the psychology of childhood trauma maladapted people saving the world from "mysterious forces" which are in another time & language los heraldos negros que nos manda la muerte. ah, fucking depression...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|