View Single Post
Old 07.01.2012, 07:00 PM   #1674
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah, germany no way could match what i saw today, this was stuff from another planet, absolutely brilliant. before the game i was slightly in favor of italy, but after the game started i had to bow to spain's greatness. this was AWESOME.

I felt the same. People will bring up the Motta thing, how tired Italy would've been, Di Natale's miss but I just watched the highlights again and Spain were in total control there. Brilliant. I'm most pleased because I really wanted Xavi to have at least one really good game in the tournament and I thought he was amazing tonight. He seemed to be the one with the most influence on neutralising Pirlo and his pass for Jordi Alba's goal was just pure class. But Spain all round were just a level ahead, I thought.

Quote:
however, thinking ahead-- the average age of the german team was 24 1/2, so we'll see how they develop for 2014-- maybe not enough to catch up, and spain has good young players as well, but i'm looking forward to see what happens.

I agree, I think this Spain is drawing to an end and it's more than possible that Germany will eclipse them pretty soon. Xavi may well have played his last tournament for Spain which would obviously be an enormous blow. And even putting him aside, its hard to see them replicating the almost freakish amount of talent in this current side. Looking forward to the World Cup, Germany would still have to be one of, if not the, favourites.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|