View Single Post
Old 08.13.2008, 09:31 PM   #7
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I understand that you are upset. And understandably so...considering you did not get what you paid for.

So you're absolutely certain that if you go to any PetSmart groomer that they will always cut the hair on a Golden Retriever too short?

In general, it just seems to me that a chain such as PetSmart isn't as likely to do a good job as much as a groomer you are referred to by someone who has used their services satisfactorily. But you probably thought of this going in as a possible concern yourself. But that being stated, I still imagine that somewhere there are competent groomers at certain PetSmart locations. At the very least I suppose you can pat yourself on the back that you were articulate and calm (one guesses) enough to get some recompense.

It sounds like it could be the fault of some careless employee(s). Or perhaps they were just ignorant. Or perhaps they just didn't care. Or perhaps they asked the supervisor how short to cut and they erred in their advice.

As for the secrecy issue, one supposes that they keep this policy to avoid customers coming in and giving the groomers constant directions which could lead to customers changing their minds repeatedly on-the-fly. I agree, however, that they should allow the customer to be present at all times if the customer wishes to be there. If they are offering a grooming service and charging accordingly, it only makes sense. Some may say just do it yourself with clippers, but I can understand why you wanted someone else to do it. Some dogs just are hard-to-handle when clipping and since they really don't like the experience, one might want to go to a professional groomer for that reason. Or for other reasons too.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just...well, you should know by now, sometimes I feel like writing.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|