View Single Post
Old 09.21.2010, 09:16 AM   #2511
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

Hate to say it, but I don't care for this game too much. It's like Mega Man x1-3, with uglier graphics (somehow!? I guess I miss the handdrawn look), plus it's slooooooooow. Everything is annoying, as usual, but since it's so slow and there seems to be a weird disconnected between pressing a button and actually, y'know, doing something. I played through a few bosses a few years ago, put it down, and never came back until last night, and well, I guess I can see why I put it down! Even the much maligned Mega Man X5 and 6 were fun, if a bit easy, in comparison. I just always felt like the X games were a bit weird, I loved the wall climbing and dashing, but jesus fuck, the weapons were lame in all of them except the first one, they never had any creative sections with the wall climbing (except, you know, annoying-ass spikes on walls, electrified fields on walls, or -- worst of all -- WALLS CLOSING IN AND CRUSHING YOU). Deaths come fast and cheap. Enemies are lame, and bosses are the lamest of all time.

Here are the bosses in part 4: WEB SPIDER, CYBER PEACOCK, FROST WALRUS, STORM OWL, MAGMA DRAGOON, SLASH BEAST, SPLIT MUSHROOM, JET STINGRAY.

Not too bad, you say?

Well, let's look at part 5..

GRIZZLY SLASH, SQUID ADLER, IZZY GLOW, DUFF MCWHALEN, AXL THE RED, DARK DIZZY, MATTREX....

Yes, they're all named after Guns N Roses members. THe fuck?!

That reminds me, in X3, the Neon Tiger stage music is identical to Guns N Rose's "My Michelle". Weird, eh?

...Anyway, none of those bosses beat X7's TORNADO TONION..

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, a giant fucking onion is a boss against you in Mega Man X7.

Finally, can someone please explain X6's Infinity Mijinion? What the fuck is a mijinion, and how is it infinity?

I guess the last thing I want to say is since the Mega Man X Collection for the ps2, in good condition, complete, is going for between $70-80 when I paid $20 for it years ago.. I'm selling this fucking thing. I'll just buy X1 again for the SNES, since I can probably find 500 copes for 50 cents, and it's the only one worth playing from the X series.

On the other hand, I love most of the regular Mega Man games, as well as the Mega Man Zero games for the GBA.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|