View Single Post
Old 01.20.2010, 11:22 PM   #4
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
DJs in the club do not need permission do they? I understand the idea, but some artists are ridiculous about the permission either holding out on ego trips or for excessive payments.. the artists are forgetting that a sample is advertising is my point.

clubs generally pay a licensing fee to amcos, apra or whoever the organisation is. so no they do not need it in the clubs because the clubs cover it by this licensing. however if they want to record it for the purpose of them making an album and selling it then yes they do need to seek permission because they are using someone elses material to make a profit. whether they make a profit or not is irrelevant.

i wouldnt quite say sampling is advertising either, i like some things and i am aware of the samples they have used but im not going to go out and buy an album by the sampled artist.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|