View Single Post
Old 03.18.2008, 09:11 PM   #10
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
best of luck... i remember playing out of town for the first time, great experience but also pretty nervewracking for me at least because of being unfamiliar of the surroundings and what the crowd response would be... had a combination of good crowd response (not really bad as in being booed or getting bottles thrown at) and little to no crowd response (which in this case should be interpreted as bad) my band only played a handful of out town gigs before we fell apart...

the key is if you are little known band trying to establish yourself and you are playing out of town for the first time is trying to play at a decent venue that is somewhat cool and draws people and that you are on the bill w/ a local band with a decent local draw, that always helps to get you exposed, something my old band should've probably done a better job with. so it takes some research as out of town promoting is tough and can be unreliable if you are depending upon the promoter to do it (as i've found through personal experience) the best way is to have the local band on the bill do the promoting, so a local band that is decent and does good promotion will help a great deal.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|