Thread: Rubber clarinet
View Single Post
Old 12.28.2007, 06:10 PM   #1
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Recently I found myself in dire need of a reedy sounding instrument, and lacking the proper funds to procure an item of such enormous value, I took it upon myself to create my own.
It occured to me then, that if only I possessed the proper mouthpiece, the rest would be a stone cold cinch. So I bought me a bag of rubber golf club grips, a funnel, the cheapest clarinet mouthpiece I could find, and some ALTO SAX reeds (since clarinet reeds sound like shit). I then proceeded to assemble the instrument using only the finest duct tapes available, and drilled holes in the proper* locations for a C major scale. And if you dont care about scales n' all that just drill holes randomly. That sounds good too.

* inches from tip of reed = 13526.5 / frequency of note / 2

Try it! It sounds like some sort of wheezy saxophone. And it is completely unnecessary to be familiar with reed instruments to play it ( I sure as shit aint!)

Happy Honking,

H&B

hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|