View Single Post
Old 05.15.2008, 10:22 PM   #182
lowlife
little trouble girl

lowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asseslowlife kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
I agree its like the bands notorious for have put out a boatload are Wolf Eyes, Dead Machines, Hair Police...etc to me only have a handful of listenable well done works not that they are bad groups but that also feel that they can release a recording of some throwdown of tom-foolery in their basement recorded to some mini-cassette recorder, where i could go toss the same recorder next a garbage truck on trash day as it stops to churn all the crap from the neighborhood and it would sound the same. so to me these types of groups are more about marketing themselves for "what they do" without regard to "what they sound like" which in my opinion is unfortunate. agreed i respect more those bands that take some care in what they put out but they are few and far between...

People always act like bands that have alot of releases are pulling a fast one on their fans and swimming in all this cash. Most releases by Wolf Eyes aside from the vinyls and cds are released by tiny noise labels with small runs where the band gets paid in copies to sell on tour where the purpose is documentation, like how jazz musicians and other improv musicians get documented. Then once a year or so they put out an 'album' of 'songs' that are the ones we all know (burned mind, dead hills, etc.) I'm sure most of the people on this board would cream for a hundred Sonic Youth releases a year. Throbbing Gristle did the same thing, so have alot of other bands. 1)whats the big fucking deal, 2)who cares, 3)it is really fucking dorky to get offended by this kind of stuff because no one even knows what the hell it is! You don't have to buy the tapes for fucks sake.
lowlife is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|