View Single Post
Old 12.31.2016, 01:21 PM   #71
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Well then I will have to vaporize you. With my intergalactic vaporizing gun.

If I had to rank the albums I chose, Heron Oblivion would be just beneath at the top. Comets jams (in perhaps a more contemplative mood than Field Recordings From The Sun and Blue Cathedral, but without the classic-rock traps of Avatar and Howlin' Rain) with the FORMIDABLE presence of Meg Baird on vocals and drums. BUY IT, FUCKOS!

I have it! I like it! I just kinda liked it less over time. I love Meg Baird, love early Comets. I'm not sure Heron Oblivion is better than, or an improvement on Comets on Fire or Espers. It's a strong album, though.

It came out really early in the year. Other records came out that filled the "rock" gap for me. Specifically the Thoight Forms album and -- I don't care how lame it sounds -- the Car Seat Headrest album. I know it's pretty over-saturated, but damned if it isn't a really good plain old indie rock album that satisfies some dumb need of mine from way back to rock out nerd style.

So yeah, vaporize me I guess. I'm lame.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|