View Single Post
Old 10.30.2009, 10:09 PM   #97
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I disagree with this. Some posters, unlike others, have high expectations because of the band in question, not particualrly because of most SY fans posting on their forum. I am only guessing, I would never be able to know that for sure.

And even if one has high expectations because of SY, there are different types of fan on here. I, for one, don't care for listening to every single fart Thurston Moore or Lee Ranaldo produce live, others do. Some other fans get particularly emotional if someone says that Kim Gordon regularly wets her bed. I don't, others don't, some do etc etc.

My comments had nothing to do with the SY side though.

It's just that people go on about the "state" of this board constantly and the "good old days" and "don't you miss so and so" and "I'm going away now because I have emotional issues" and so on.

I just find this board an interesting place to bs and sometimes the bs is downright meaningful or keeps me from being depressed about being alone in front of a computer. I don't have very high expectations, and when I drift away (which I do fairly frequently actually) I don't feel the need to post a thread about it. I miss people I fall out of touch with, but I don't think it has any lasting effects on other people or the general community. And I use the "c" word very loosely.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|