View Single Post
Old 05.20.2013, 04:51 AM   #37
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
I said he maybe should. I don't care if he does but fans have made his life possible. He is in the performing arts business and has loyal people who supported him so in that sense it would make sense. not insane. Yes we only know one side. However both sides still say he cheated. 1 thats why he wont talk and 2 she didnt make that shit up. Thats why its fucked. Yr trying to defend a cheater. Who cares if its t moore. Do you think cheating is okay to do? Thats all I'm saying cheating is unacceptable in a marriage no matter what and if you do yr an ass.
That's only half the truth....he created something fans liked, so they've bought it. An artist should be appreciative of fans, but they don't owe fans shit. It's not like he promised fans anything and failed to follow through. Right or wrong, he did something, something happened, that ended the band for an indefinite period of time, possibly forever (something I doubt. Personally I think there will be more shows but I doubt there will be many). They were together a long time...the couple, and the band. Everything must come to an end. As a fan, the reasoning behind the end is ultimately none of my business. The music is my business as I enjoy listening to it. The band are not my friends or family. I grew up listening to them, not hanging out with. I'm glad I saw them as many times as I did, and while it matters little, I value the fact that I had an opportunity to meet my favorite artists and tell them thanks. Thurston might have fucked up, but he's always been a cool guy. Always nice to fans, always willing to stop and chat. Always willing to sign a record or stop in his tracks for a moment for a picture. Everyone makes mistakes, man. I'm not even sure he considers what he did a mistake. Again, I don't know his side. If he's happy, I'm happy for him. Kim also doesn't necessarily seem to be (currently...) having the worst time of her life. Let's just hope, as fans, they can work this out in a civil manner (part of which would consist of not bashing each other in interviews) for the sake of an otherwise amazing legacy.

I'm not trying to defend Thurston for cheating as much as I am enforcing the fact that his business is not of ours. And I've yet to hear him mention personally that he cheated...just for the record. It's possible I've missed it though as I've not been following interviews too closely.

And I don't think cheating is OK...but I do think (well I know...) it's more common than what most people are willing to admit. People like sex. Sometimes sex leads people to do things that are dishonest. No one is above it. I've done it, and I felt terrible. Likewise, I've been cheated on and it is no doubt an awful feeling. It's bad for everyone involved. Thankfully, the smart ones accept it for what it is and move past it. I still feel the world will be a better place when sex is accepted for what it is as opposed to this fairy tale thing we're grown up being taught about it.