View Single Post
Old 07.31.2012, 06:59 PM   #33
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
League of Shadows was introduced in Batman Begins, a group of "killers" led by Ra's Al Ghul. Their mission basically is to destroy Gotham City to put it out of its misery or whatever. Bane was revealed to be a part of this, and wanted to fulfill "Ra's Al Ghul's destiny". I guess it helps to be familiar with the preceding films, but I'm not sure if it's really mandatory in order to enjoy it.

yeah i know, everybody knows that, my point is that 1) it's a preposterous name, 2) their fucking mission made no sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
True, but I'm sure you'd be the first to agree that something can be philosophically interesting without necessarily being philosophically coherent itself. It's a 'rich' film, in that sense, raising lots of interesting questions rather than necessarily trying to address any of them. I can certainly see Marxist critics getting tonnes of mileage out of Bane, say by looking at him in comparison with V, from V for Vendetta.

well, in that case (ha ha) avengers wins that battle with one simple line:

"that's my secret, captain: i'm always angry"

that blows the socks off anything the batman sez.

i get what you're saying though, it's just that this is not ulysses/ memento/ a charlie kaufmann movie.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|