Thread: Replacements
View Single Post
Old 10.12.2008, 06:04 AM   #7
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I came in on the 'mats at Tim--which I stole from a college radio station. The first I bought was PTMM which I loved--about wore out the CD. Coming to LIB much later, and hearing all the hype, I was underwhelmed with it. I'd have to say that LIB had a few good songs with bunch of filler--to each his own. I'd probably put Sorry Ma before LIB. Yeah, overall, especially including production, Sorry Ma is the better of those two.

For the longest time, the 'Mats/PW solo were my favs; yea even the later albums. 'Cos PW is a great writer of one liners. And can successfully string them into a song. Prolly wasn't until Sonic Nurse that SY became my favs.

And I certainly can't fault the production on any of it but then, I generally like production for the production itself. What else could explain my love of Frankie Goes To Hollywood? (Now, come on, Born to Run kicks. Bruce is a great songwriter but doesn't know how to perform his own songs.)

I guess to answer my own question, I'd have to go with PTMM because it has Can't Hardly Wait which I think is one of the best RnR songs of all time. (Although I guess it was written for Tim?)
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|