View Single Post
Old 05.09.2006, 07:04 PM   #44
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I'll tell you what the problem is with uncomfortable social situations:

It's SELFISHNESS, and lack of perceptive ability.

People who put others in awkward situations do so because they lack the ability to empathize with other human beings. Engaging someone in small talk, prolonging conversations unnecessarily, forcing traditional acts of affection, are all behaviors of people who are UNAWARE. If people took even the most fleeting of moments to consider basic human reactions to such practices, they would recoil from themselves, and cease these types of behaviors immediately.

People lack EMPATHY.

Empathy is in no way related to benevolence, or sociability. It is has having the presence of mind to anticipate and extrapolate on the processes of other human brains, and, in certain cases, to adjust your behavior accordingly. i.e., refraining from inflicting yourself upon others. Most people in social situations feel compelled to observe conversational rituals, ones which manipulate them like helpless puppets, and they will infringe such absurdities upon you because they are TOO IGNORANT to realize that social tradition is not by default preferable for all human beings. They either fail to realize, or realize but dismiss, the fact that THEY MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE.

I use the terms 'ignorant' and 'stupid' often in reference to people, because, they ARE.

I am a misanthrope, because a vast majority of the human population is so disgustingly self-absorbed that their awareness, of themselves and their surroundings, is if not severely stinted, utterly nonexistent.

This produces ASSHOLES.

The kind that plague you on a daily basis. The handshakers, tooth-barers, cliche-spouters, 'networkers,' placaters, patronizers, condescenders, and just plain

DUMBASSES.

Yes, I blanketly condemn other people for blights on their character, because, the excuse that all things are subjective and "personal" is BULLSHIT.

It is COMMON CONSIDERATION FOR YOUR FELLOW MAN to be, not in agreement with their perspectives, but ATTUNED; and, with this awareness, one has the capability of RESPECTING others, even in discord.

This is a long-winded way of saying,

YES. Most people are assholes.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|