Thread: Syd Barrett
View Single Post
Old 01.26.2012, 05:23 AM   #15
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
I have a sneaking suspicion that the source for this handsome vinyl bootleg is just the same CD you refer to, which I do not have. I'll have to listen again for quality. I was not into The Wall movie, or the whole Roger Waters dominated part of the band's history (mid to late 70's), or their post-Waters stuff either (80's-90's). There are moments that are okay, but for me it just did not sustain interrest. However, I understand that many do like it, and that aesthetic taste is subjective.
I have that "Masters" on vinyl. Maybe best solution to me will be that I try to find that original Point me/careful -single. I havenīt seen it ever, so it could be rare and expensive. But I havenīt ever search singles actively, the singles I have have come to me kind of accidently.

I really love that Movie like Animals and The Wall-albums. I think Waters was the most important creative force right after Barrett although Wright and Gilmour made also songs (thereīs not any Gilmour-song for example in those great singles). the Final Cut sounds to me much more Waters-solo album than Floyd album, although there are some great Gilmour solos. I used to hate Momentary and Division, but I listened them again few years ago. I started to like them, of course theyīre nothing comparing their great albums, but there are that some kind of magic Floyd-atmosphere that any other band couldnīt achieve.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|