Thread: Syd Barrett
View Single Post
Old 01.24.2012, 03:54 AM   #10
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
I don't have this release, but it would seem to be a fantastic place to start: http://www.amazon.com/Piper-at-Gates...s_all_3#disc_3

I would echo Mortte Jousimo, but stop at Dark Side. Actually Atom Heart Mother wasn't that good IMOHO. Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii is one of the greatest concert films ever, except the directors cut sucks, original release is a bonus on the DVD and the one I stick to. I got a bootleg LP compilation of all the early singles from the Syd and early Gilmour eras misleadingly titled "The Best of Pink Floyd", it seems to be the most comprehensive collection of that era's singles.

Actually I think Atom Heart Mother is the best Pink Floyd album. Of course the tittle track really isnīt "the happiest song of the world" but I really love that quite sad and dark feeling into it. And also second side songs are just great! Maybe one reason why I think itīs the Floydīs greatest album is that there is something from that old, great psychedelic period, but also something that came in the future.

I really love also that Pompeii-film, yeah the cutting is quite odd but I think it fits into that film. I have Masters of the rock-version from the "Best of Floyd" and I also think itīs lot greater compilation than for example relics. But itīs a pity there isnīt Point me at the sky and Carefull with that axe. I have also two swingin pigs-bootlegs, Embryo and One Of these days, the first is from John Peel Sessions and the second is live recording, that includes great version from Fat Old Sun and quite the studio kind of versions from One Of these days and echoes.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|