Thread: Syd Barrett
View Single Post
Old 01.23.2012, 06:04 AM   #8
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
as far as I'm concerned, Piper at the Gates of Dawn is my favorite pink floyd album. I consider them to be one of the best bands I rarely ever listen to. Even so, I'll take Barrett over Gilmour any day... Lucifer Sam.. Astronomy Domine are both better than anything they ever did after he was replaced. The Madcap Laughs is also worth a listen.
This goes over the topic, but I disagree about the Floyd. Of course Piper is one of the greatest Floyd-albums, but I think Saucerful is as great even there is only one Barrett song. And also More has very much same atmosphere as those two even the whole entity is not as great as those two. Of course itīs very sad that Barrett got sick and couldnīt use his creativity more, but I think my life would have been much emptier if I hadnīt heard Saucerful, More, Ummagumma, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Dark side, Animals and the Wall in the very early age.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|