View Single Post
Old 08.25.2009, 05:30 PM   #35
ericengle
little trouble girl

ericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's assesericengle kicks all y'all's asses
Getting back to SY and Albini-I'm from the Chicago area and was at the show that was recorded and released as 'Hold that Tiger'. Here's my take on the relationship based on what I know. The show was at the Cabaret Metro which was a popular place for punk bands to play in the '80s. SY had played there the year before on the EVOL tour and possibly on earlier tours. Albini didn't like the way things were run there and/or didn't like the owner Joe Shanahan and he said so to great extreme in an interview in a local 'zine which I believe was called Wholesome(I still have a copy somewhere). This resulted in him being banned from the Metro. I was very surprised to see him walk out on stage and introduce the band(Richard Kern and Blacksnake-the kings of cough syrup--let's start ROCKING!!!!!!!) I remember SY and Albini as friends back then and I assumed that they used their "clout" to get him in there for the intro and to watch the show. I also thought that the 4 song Ramones encore was for him because he's such a Ramones fan. I'm pretty sure that any other Ramones encores were only 2 songs.
ericengle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|