View Single Post
Old 09.07.2014, 01:06 PM   #1039
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
i will always feel bad about Deck, dude's rhyming skill is unreal and he played one of the main roles on 36 Chambers, he should've dropped a classic debut just like the others.. but he missed his opportunity. i've heard a story about how RZA's basement got burned so he lost his beats for Deck's album, which might be a big part of the reason. but anyway, for that, he'll always remain underrated. sad.

Yes- I've always felt this way. When asked to list my favorite Wu emcees, I always hesitate, because I known Inspectah Deck would be in the top 3 if only he had more material, and had been given as much spotlight time as the others on the first record.

He's an insanely good emcee. Remember when's we had that underrated artists thread? First thing that came to mind was Deck, and all y'all agreed.
Have you, by any chance, listened to CZARFACE? It's Deck with 7L & Esoteric; they dropped a dope album a year or so back that I found out about embarrassingly late.

I fully agree that Deck is underutilized. As much as I love Meth's cadence and presence, and as much as his voice defines the Wu sound, I would have rather seen a first wave Deck release than Tical. Inspectah Deck is the superior emcee, and all he lacked was star power.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|