View Single Post
Old 03.15.2021, 09:55 AM   #3368
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
awesome! glad you liked it.

i need to give american gods a try in book form. i wish i had more time to read for pleasure... i usually read all day for work purposes and end up exhausted these days. so i watch tv for relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Also, it was one of those historical shows that tries to mix in pop culture songs and pretends people of color were given prestigious positions at court? I get the impulse, and I’m sure it’s well-intentioned, but it just strikes me as weird. Not necessarily bad, just — I don’t know. Rings false (on account of it being utterly false).
no, it's more of a "i don't give a shit about accurate protrayals, and people of color are just people, no need to typecast actors to skin color" thing.

all fiction is fiction, this one learned its lessons from postmodernity and stopped pretending. it's very good and funny. maybe has some tom stoppard influences.

the blatant anachronisms are some of the funniest shit, like the mention of "salsa verde" for some torture description had me rolling on the floor. i mean, salsa verde did exist elsewhere back then but... hahahaha, i like this show, i'm looking forward to 2nd season with fingers crossed.

eta: show was created by this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_McNamara_(writer)

if you haven't seen "the favourite" i highly recommend it

==

also finally after all these years started watching the handmaids tale this weekend

i don't know if i could have endured this gruesome shit while pens was vp. these fucking people are real and i detest them...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|