View Single Post
Old 05.23.2014, 06:14 AM   #682
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
ohh, good question.

first of all, there are rappers like Hopsin and Tech N9ne who rap really fast with complex rhyme schemes.. but i don't feel them, they're corny to me.

so my top MCs these days are:

1) Nas - as opposed to Jay-Z, getting old doesn't seem to affect Nas. in fact i think he's even better than he was a few years ago. i recall on one of his songs he said he was "on some Jet Li shit".. well, to me Nas always kicks rhymes like Jet Li. he's so raw, always on point.

2) Jay Electronica - doesn't have an album out yet, but he's pretty much the god MC. almost every time i hear him rapping i get chills. it's enough to listen to Exhibit C and Act I: Eternal Sunshine to know he kills every other rapper today lyrically.

3) Kendrick Lamar - i saw people comparing him to 2Pac just 'cause he's from the West, but he's really more like Andre 3K, Pharaohe Monch and old Em. extremely diverse and talented, can switch flows like nothing. his technical ability is just crazy.

4) Freddie Gibbs - a gangsta rapper who can go neck-and-neck with every top rapper today, including those i mentioned above. listen to Deeper.

5) Big K.R.I.T. - Scarface said he's his favorite newcomer and it's not hard to see why. KRIT is a guy who grew up with Scarface, OutKast, UGK, MJG & 8Ball, etc and it shows, dude is soulful. listen to his verse on 1 Train - there are 6 other rappers on this track, but Krizzle shows up at the end and outdoes them all.

H.M: Danny Brown, ASAP Rocky, Chance The Rapper, Earl, Ab-Soul.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|