View Single Post
Old 11.21.2009, 06:13 PM   #37
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
The only thing they got right on the whole set of lists is "Kool Thing" and that's not because it's a bad song, just that it is the only SY song that many people know. "Bull in the Heather" should have been on the overrated list for the same reason if there really were any rationale for creating these lists. I agree with T&B that there isn't though.

Putting "Brother James" and "Death Valley '69" as overrated just indicates that the writer doesn't like a particular side of the band. "The Diamond Sea" being on the underrated list when it is one of their better known songs indicates the side of their sound the author does prefer. No objectivity to the article to be seen.

Underrated list contains nothing from the SYRs, nothing from Kill Yr. Idols, nor even Confusion Is Sex, Bad Moon Rising or from the 1st record. Yet does contain something from DDN, the album that is in the Library of Congress. Clearly the title of the article should have been "5 Sonic Youth Songs I Like and 5 I'm Not So Wild About".
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|