View Single Post
Old 02.21.2011, 03:07 PM   #55
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Slavo wins.

This is the best post you've made in a while, wish I could rep you.
it sucks. I honestly do think THE ERASER is a horrible record, absolutely bland in every way. And this record does resemble that one.

true, Eraser is one of the worst records ever, undisputed, however a lot of the tunes from Eraser live in some of the stageshows preceding its recording were fucking ridiculously brilliant, but they were tripe on the album. I think that what Thom York is doing it the studio is completely in diametric opposition and dichotomy to what is going on in the stage show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
exactly man. No depth. No heart. Cold, lifeless, what else to expect from instant studio creations?

The whole thing, like IN RAINBOWS, comes off as contrived, silly, and rushed.

The same thing with In_Rainbows, for two years before its recording they were touring that material, and it glowed in the fucking dark it was so good, and yet the album was agreeably an initially disappointment, I had to let it grow on me for weeks, especially considering how much I was into the bootleg versions I had previously compiled. The Eraser, I didn't even bother, but also still bump those tracks from the live, pre-recorded versions..

I hope this album is like you say, like In_Rainbows, because then it will sound like shit at first, but inevitably become a good record. I haven't heard it, for some reason I am not in a rush either, but I do very much plan to give it a sincere try, aside from all this crass scoffing on the SYG..

In the studio, some minimalist, half-assed even spirit takes over radiohead, and they produce crap, but when the they bring it to the stage it shines. This is EXACTLY how the Grateful Dead were, dozens of terrible, uninspiring albums and yet ALL that material live was life changing and brilliant..

I hope that this new radiohead tunes are equally diamonds in the rough, which are carved and polished best from the stage.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|