View Single Post
Old 12.20.2007, 03:30 PM   #38
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I think music is free for the masses, I don't ever want to be stingy: "you're not good enough to listen to MY music!" So what if it was hard for you to track down all the SY CD's? Fuck, I can name a THOUSAND bands and movies it took me forever to find or to discover, but as soon as I discover them I make sure and share the wealth. It's the 21st century, if someone went up to me and said, "Hey, man, I'm really interested in OOIOO, could you burn me some?" I'd go, "Yeah sure." If someone's interested in good music, why not support that?

On the other hand, burning 20 discs of SY is a bit much (especially if the person is an asshole, like you said), so I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that.

Guitar Hero are boring, terrible games. But I will say that their music selection is a bit curious, in that it sometimes leans torwards good music. Seeing "who was in my room last night?" by the Buttholes in GHII made my day: King Coffey IS probably the best guitar player no one ever talks about, afterall. So, in a way, GH does highlight some work that probably no one would ever think about in this day and age. For example, I look up Buttholes on youtube BEFORE GHII comes out and there's like 4 videos up. I look 'em up now and see like 20 videos. If it brings exposure to good bands, I'm all for it. Why do people act like they got some kind of treasure or something? Share the fucking musical wealth! I, for one, hate the fact that I like so many bands that no one on here ever talks about. I bring up a band like Distorted Pony and people go "huh?" That's annoying. I want to DISCUSS music with people, not have some superunderground masterpiece that only I know about.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|