View Single Post
Old 12.20.2007, 03:24 PM   #37
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i completely agree. i'm pretty sure i made some angry ranting posts about this involving examples such as hicks at wal mart buying sonic youth records or something (they should be allowed to w/o being harassed just because they don't fit the archetype of a typical sonic youth fan etc etc)
I understand what you mean, but the thing for me is that I don't want people to listen to music that I really love and treat it like trash, you know?

For Example, this one asshole I know asked me to burn all 20 something Sonic Youth CDs for him. I told him no. He said he'd give me the blank discs, but I still said no. He couldn't understand that I wasn't going to give him something for nothing. Something that I worked for a few years to get. Something that has some personal importance and value to me. I wouldn't give it to him because I knew he'd not care about it. I burned him Daydream Nation, and he hardly even likes it.

I think in the context of Guitar Hero, there are going to be people who will like the song, but treat SY music with no respect. Hardly caring for it. Not buying any albums, maybe some downloaded tracks.

It doesn't bother me too much because there isn't much I can do to stop it (and who am I to say who likes it genuinely enough or not...), but I'll definitely have no part of supporting that kind of thing, like burning all of my SY CDs for some douche.