View Single Post
Old 02.28.2012, 10:17 AM   #2871
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Good luck with the degree. Looking through the book lists it's a subject I'd have loved to have done myself.

I don't really see what all the fuss is with this niche thing. Of course they're problematic; they can distort or exclude or be reductive but it'd be almost impossible to navigate or organise a topic as broad as literature, without them. There'll always be differences of opinion regarding what's included and what isn't (I thought it odd, for example, that no mention was given to the Beats in the American list) but that just contributes to the fun of debate and highlights the ongoing openness of the canon. No course can cover everything and there's always the case for claiming the validity of something that's left out over something that isn't.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|