View Single Post
Old 04.27.2009, 07:45 PM   #63
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
That's understandable. It's the same thing with Captain Beefheart for me; I just don't get into it. He was hyped so much to me that by the time I finally listened, I thought, "This is the guy so many cream their pants over?".

To each their own, though.

~Jeremy~

But earlier in the thread, you put Beefheart as your 4th most hated band ever. I mean I never really "got" the Smiths or post-Clouds Taste Metallic The Flaming Lips or The Talking Heads or whatever other music it is that people go apeshit for and I don't enjoy, but it doesn't mean I claim to hate them. I mean hate is a word I'd reserve for Nickleback or other really worthless crap, not anything with artistic integrity or value.

Actually, I think the only time I regularly "hate" music is when it's shitty stuff by artists I love. Like I kind of would say I hate a lot of 80s Miles Davis or Bob Dylan. And really that's more like disappointment.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|