View Single Post
Old 02.07.2020, 07:43 PM   #28
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
It's easy to say that Bernie has a this or that problem because he doesn't feed into people's identity hang ups, he instead ties everything into wider social issues. That is what will win elections, not compartmentalising every group of people.

I don't get that article's issue beyond Bernie not kowtowing to whatever flavour of ultra purist identity politics they ascribe to. For example:
Quote:
That’s especially true when Bernie makes statements like, “We have got to look at candidates, you know, not by the color of their skin, not by their sexual orientation or their gender and not by their age. I mean, I think we have got to try to move us toward a non-discriminatory society which looks at people based on their abilities, based on what they stand for."
What is wrong with that statement? Motivation for a candidate being based more on their beliefs than their base identity is not controversial. It also backs its opinions up throughout the article with low level Bernie bashing tweets from bluecheck mark twitter nobodies. Oh, but it's the Bernie bros who are dividing everyone, I forgot! Better just call Bernie a sexist despite no evidence of him doing or saying anything sexist, instead just interpret what he says in the worst possible faith! I really don't see any of this being an issue for Bernie. What, is Trump going to stand on the debate stage and convincingly tell the public that Bernie is sexist? The man who around the world is known by the line "grab em by the pussy"?

Yep, Warren comes across completely as fake. Saw that earlier and it seemed like the most unsurprising thing ever. Bernie on the other hand is well known even by his detractors to be authentic in his beliefs. See how it all fits together?

I don't believe the primary should be a buddy buddy contest. People pick sides. The primaries being a "let the best fellow win, good chum" race is more utopian than any idea Bernie has that people say will never happen! The Republicans will do what they are going to do regardless. If nothing from the primaries stick, they will just find something else that will stick.

The primaries are a good opportunity to differentiate between candidates. Who has a real vision for the future? Who's got what it takes to defeat and reverse the stain that Trump has left on the world? Who truly believes in change and who just wants power? It would be a terrible idea to shrug and go "as long as they're democrat!" That is almost undermining the huge threat that Trump poses to people. It's time to face reality and really figure out how to defeat Trumpism once and for all, and make our case for who the best person to do that is.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|