View Single Post
Old 09.04.2011, 07:52 AM   #35
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I can't really do anything about you not liking my music. Otherwise, there's just a lot of bitterness there that's not really worth engaging with. The Maqam name is a joke which the person they're for gets. Utterly hipster, if you like, but I can't actually be fucked to care.

I didn't realise I had high school kids to defend me - I was too busy being a self-involved ego-maniac.

About anglo-colonialism though, which is half a good point: I think if you are patronising traditions outside of your own (which I am) it's important to do it a bit wrong. I don't really aim for 'authenticity' in the traditions I borrow from, and I don't achieve it. Hopefully I achieve something else - but I don't mind if people think the results are shit (as you do).

I don't really get the alt-rock thing though - I've not really been interested in it for a good 8 or 9 years now. I couldn't tell you the last alt rock record I bought. I know you're going to think that that's me being hipper-than-thou, but it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|