View Single Post
Old 03.05.2011, 07:15 AM   #14200
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I watched WILLIAM BURROUGHS: A MAN WITHIN. I liked the old doc BURROUGHS better. To be honest, this doc -- while having some interested information and some great, rare footage -- never seemed to gel into anything cohesive, it was all over the place in fact... it was very "for fans only" of course, and was loaded with little interesting tidbits and videos, but it didn't attempt to tell any kind of actual story, or try to paint an interesting, linear portrait of the man. Which was probably the point, an unconventional documentary for an unconventional artist. But, actually, as a biography, the film NAKED LUNCH is almost better to watch. Hah. No, really, I liked this, but it was just all over the place, it was like "Here, here's a section with Burroughs and guns. Okay, here's a section about his son and how unhappy his son was, and then his son dies. OKAY! NEXT SUBJECT!." Interesting stuff for the most part, but I couldn't help but feel that something was missing.

I also watched 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY twice. cool film. Great atmosphere, pacing, editing, etc. Hard to believe this film was ever released in a mainstream context, nowadays there would've have to been a romance or HAL blowing the world up or something.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|