View Single Post
Old 06.21.2006, 08:20 AM   #105
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Snob, yes. Pathetic, no.

Alright, I don't actually care that T&B reads comics, I was just trying to get a rise out of him. I do think people read comics and attempt to give the process some sort of gravitas and endlessly defend its 'intellectual merit'. Bollocks I say to that. You enjoy something, great. If it's a comic, great. You want to tell me it's intellectual? Then you can fuck off. I'm a snob, I'm a pedant, I'm a studenty twat, but I'm certain that I'm right.

i knew you were getting a rise out of me, it wasn't until other people started chipping in that i got irritated.

i don't care whether they are perceived as intellectual or not, and to be honest i'd prefer that they weren't, it's just when people have this knee jerk reaction that there's something intrinsicly inferior about them that i get vexed. and i don't see why someone like chris ware wouldn't be held in the same esteem as any great author or film maker.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|