View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 03:59 AM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston (and Lee) treat these experiments the right way. They are no strangers to improvising, no spring chickens.

And Thurston is especially known for being incredibly gracious to young noise-makers and for seeming genuinely interested in trying to mine some sort of perceived untapped potential.
It's as if it's an attempt to encourage them in the vainglorious hope that someone will come along with the next Confusion is Sex for the 21st century.
To haha TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL ALL CRYPTO-STYLEY-like...

It's not going to happen.
It's a lost cause.
These people are daft.
Their shit is atrocious.

The best "noisy" stuff out there is made by the avant-garde free jazz groups like Zu, The Original Silence, Ground Zero & Otomo Yoshihide, Paal-Nilssen Love & Town House Orchestra, Art Ensemble of Chicago, and so on, who are masters at what they do. There's lots more to mention, of course. Musicians like Han Bennink, Marc Ribot, and Nels Cline are usually involved with something interesting. Truthfully, I've never been all that wild about The Ex or Haino.

Animal Collective is taking noise to new places musically.

The best proper "noise band" powerhouses are still Wolf Eyes and Black Dice from what I've heard, which, in all honesty, isn't a whole hell of a lot.

I've tried listening to laptop-driven Prurient, Fennesz, and Merzbow, etc., and found it to be insufferable junk.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|