View Single Post
Old 10.17.2015, 01:26 PM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

White Out & Nels Cline have a new album out, Accidental Sky (Nels apparently also has a solo one scheduled for January, Lovers). Lin Culbertson, Tom Surgal and Cline made some bitchen lists for Dusted magazine — Nels even said the same thing I've been saying about John Coltrane's Meditations for years. Just sayin'! Anyway, this is his take on A Thousand Leaves:

Quote:
Okay, maybe I am being a bit bratty when I pick this under-appreciated SY album over Bad Moon Rising or the Zensor EP or… But I absolutely LOVE this record, so to heck with the rest of you! Recorded at a weird time in their career, after the rise of the “grunge” scene that embraced them and made them almost famous, and done when Kim Gordon wasn’t playing much bass - preferring the guitar - I think this record is chock full of amazing songs. On “Snare, Girl” Thurston Moore actually CROONS, and the results are so wistfully attractive. “Karen Koltrane” is one of Lee Ranaldo’s best moments. “Heather Angel” is a bracing closer. I never quite got with “Orange Sunshine” though. But tough shit - this record is amazing anyway! It’s a great combination of accessible songs (like “Sunday”) and incredibly successful sonic explorations. It deserves more attention.

I assume the writer wasn't familiar with ATL and heard "orange" instead of "hits of"? Link:

http://dustedmagazine.tumblr.com/pos...out-nels-cline

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|