View Single Post
Old 09.27.2010, 03:23 PM   #269
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I guess, in general, I just find them too clean, too simple, too light, too shallow -- music with absolutely no depth (despite being called "art rock" at first -- hah). I mean, I've spent hours listening to this band and saw them live, and I can't tell you much about them. It's just so forgettable. It communicates nothing. As soon as the album is not playing, all I can really remember was "lots of delay and kinda this soupy murkiness." And, like, I really pay close attention to music, so that's weird to me. Their music is like one big drone to me -- not drone music, mind you, just some glossy drone. I just don't see the appeal, but since a lot of people don't HATE them, it's easy for them to be popular enough to sustain a career. It just seems like such a weird band to listen to -- like, I can put on a Hot Snakes record and it's creative as hell and ROCKS and it has songs I want to listen to a thousand times and learn on guitar and stuff, and it manages to rock while being interesting and not having guitar solos or anything. And with this band, I put it on and I just feel... it's so cold and dead-sounding, despite them piling on all these layers and layers of them fucking with some equalizer...

But, yeah, for those who haven't heard the new album, it is their glossiest and cleanest yet, so um... yeah. Enjoy.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|