View Single Post
Old 05.01.2011, 08:08 PM   #26661
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
"21% of adults reported smoking, the same as in 2007 and lower than the 39% in 1980."

"Impact of the smokefree legislation:
On the 1st July 2007, smokefree legislation was introduced in England, banning smoking in enclosed public places.
  1. There was no significant difference in cigarette smoking prevalence in adults 16 and over pre and post 1st July 2007. "
However there is no correlation between the cost of tobacco and a decrease in smoking. People will carry on smoking the same quantity regardless of price (probably why governments increase tax on cigarettes safe in the knowledge that it's a guaranteed money maker).

well, in that case I don't know which report is more bias. Where did you get that from? Perhaps I shouldn't have believed what I read.

Although there's a significant difference there, from 1980 to 2007.

I don't think banning smoking in enclosed places is a policy to make people smoke less.???

They claim that the governments increase tax on cigarettes to use that money for health care, which kind of makes sense.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|