View Single Post
Old 09.15.2011, 12:29 AM   #4404
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Apparently the original Arcade version is actually fun, but this NES port is a total wreck. I only purchased it, since I stumbled upon the manual at a local pawn... *sigh* what a let-down.

The arcade version of Xenophobe can be a blast, but the key is to find a good weapon ASAP. You'll never be able to clear a level with the popgun you start off with. I recommend you get Midway Arcade Treasures 2...it has Xenophobe, plus APB, Gauntlet II, Mortal Kombat 2 & 3, NARC, and Total Carnage plus others. Only thing is, with Xenophobe you're always limited to 1/3 of the screen, no matter how many people are playing. Also, the control scheme is kinda awkward since 3 buttons on the controller correspond to the original joystick's configuration of a trigger with two general action buttons on top. But once you get the hang of it, you'll see why it's considered a multiplayer classic.

Xenophobe was a weird one. The art style was borderline cartoonish and horrific, the cabinet design had the monitor stuck on top of a skinny post, and it's the only game I've seen besides Killer7 with no demo/attract mode whatsoever...