View Single Post
Old 10.01.2007, 11:29 PM   #23
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
i agree about wolf eyes, the live shows is where its at and way too many of those awful recordings they put are indeed "awful sounding" to me they unfortunately set some sort of precedent on the whole self releasing noise music in the late 90's early 00's... actually there are a number of acts that are definitly better live than that limited cassette recording they put out, prurient would seem like one though i never seen them live... as of the last few years there have only been a handful of noise recordings that really hit me as damn good, the vampire can't - key cutter, death unit, some yellow swans, robedoor, air conditioning - dead rails (esp. the last track) i'm missing a few but i notice though i love the asthetic of lo-fi recordings it just really doesn't always do this type of music justice because of how full the sound already is and a muddy recording on top of it can just kill it off.

and yeah i can' think of much that could top Merzbow's 86-95 period... though i'd include "batzatoui w/ memorial gadgets" with that time frame... was that 85?
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|